Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm going to quit!

Apologies for the disgusting photo. This was one of the permanent fixtures on my desk; didn't even bother cleaning it anymore... I'm going to throw it out as soon as I'm finished here!

I think I'm ready to finally quit. While it might be easy to say such a thing as I'm still dragging the poison of the last cigarette into my lungs, it is a fact that it is the last one I have - and I don't have any secret stores I could fall back on in case of an "emergency".

I have been smoking for over 30 years, and have thought of quitting countless times. Real attempts there were few, though, and none of them really lasted that long.

This afternoon I opened a thread about quitting on Malta Forums. The response of the others was great. I'm hoping that the more I talk about it the lesser the chances that I pull out... It's hard to do it all on your own! These last weeks I've cut down considerably from the over 2 packets a day I smoked until the end of 2005, to about a pack. And now I'm going cold turkey...

I really do feel like a junkie - and truth be told: nicotine is hardly less addictive than heroine or coke. I'll sure let you know tomorrow what it feels like to have been without it for a day!

1 Comments:

At 16:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it, Sabine! I'm pulling for ya, and am proud that you're taking that all-important first step.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home