Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sting is coming to Malta!

Hey, some good news for music fans in Malta and Gozo: The Times of Malta carried an article yesterday, announcing a concert by Sting in Malta on June 6th!!! (Please note newspaper link will be active only for one month after publication!)
[Photo (c) Times of Malta]

In the article, Herman Grech calls Sting "one of rock music's foremost icons", who along "with Elton John, ... is arguably the biggest music name ever imported into Malta."

I think that's arguable indeed... Now, don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about, and looking forward to, Sting's concert. I'll definitely be there! But other than Elton John we had Jethro Tull, Fish, Steve Hackett and last (but definitely not least!!) Roger Hodgson coming over a couple of years ago - none of whom could be classified as "small fish"!

Truth is, I'd actually prefer Roger to return to Malta, instead of Sting... I skim every news item about forthcoming concerts of his, alas Malta hasn't been on that list so far. However, I'm still hopeful as the list continues to grow! This is my favourite photo of Roger that I took standing just a few metres away during his concert, which took my breath away:



Ticket prices for Sting's concert range between Lm15 and Lm50, pretty steep in my opinion. I mean, you wouldn't go for a 15 bugs one... might as well stay home and watch a video!

Anyways. It's really good news that the "stars" are considering Malta as a venue. Let's hope that many more will follow! Oh, and Roger, don't forget that you promised to come back!!!

:-)

N. B. In connection with this, I'd like to invite all Roger Hodgson fans to log into Indelibrella's fansite chatroom tonight, from 8 pm (Malta time) onwards. Would be great seeing you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home