Sunday, March 26, 2006

Summer Time

Today we switched to what is officially called daylight savings time... Most people call it summer time, which sounds less forced and a little nicer. For me it means plainly that I'll be robbed of an hour's sleep each night for the next 7 months.

Funny thing is, we remembered to turn all the clocks in the house forward by an hour before going to sleep, but I totally forgot all about it today. Kathy, forgive me: I'm going to be late for the chat because we're going to eat now instead of an hour ago...

Not only do they cut your beauty sleep short by an hour, they also turn your life upside down (and to think that today's only Sunday)!

Anyone who'd like to join us in the chatroom of Roger Hodgson's best fan-site? A warm welcome is guaranteed! Chat - supposedly - starts at 8 pm - in ca. 15 mins! But it doesn't matter if you pop in a little later. ;-)

3 Comments:

At 01:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they wouldn't "spring forward." We observe daylight savings time soon, and I always dread it. I feel like I have jet lag for about a week.

Can't they just leave the time alone?

It was a great chat today, I think I had about 11 in all stop by, counting myself. Thanks for the plug!

 
At 18:01, Blogger qaminante said...

I know what you mean, although I didn't change 2 of my clocks to winter time so now everything is on the right time (or will be when I bother to change the microwave...). Except me, though it takes me only 7 days and not months to adapt!

 
At 11:48, Blogger Sabine said...

I never totally adapt to the time change. Year after year it's always such a relief to get that hour back in October!

One of the reasons is probably that during the summer months one usually goes to sleep rather late over here. So if another hour is cut off the little sleep that's left... you know! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home