Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Feline company

Now that George has to work more or less regularly again (he was off since November to get rid of an astronomic number of overtime hours he worked last year!) it's me and Simba "home alone" practically all day.

Simba is very particular in his taste of humans... First and foremost, he loves Daniel. I have the suspicion he sees Daniel as his "mother", because in the early days of his life Simba lived almost exclusively in Daniel's room.

Second in line is George. If Simba is left with the choice between my husband and me - with Daniel out of the picture - it's my husband, no questions asked. (The only question here is, why he sort of dislikes me so much!)

And now... If Simba could speak, there's no doubt he would say something like "Oh, alright then, guess it's just you and me left - let's make the best of it!" At least that's what his facial expression says when he joins me in my study, which he funnily enough does every single day. I reckon I ought to feel honoured by the company he gives me. I mean, there is nothing to stop him from retreating to other places in this house. Perhaps he doesn't dislike me that much, after all!


1 Comments:

At 15:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabine, he doesn't dislike you. He's just being a cat. They gravitate toward whoever happens to be the sucker at the moment.

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home