Thursday, February 02, 2006

To blog or not to blog...

...not a very imaginative title, I know. It's a strange thing with blogging - for me at least: During the course of a day I happen across a hundred things worthy, in my opinion, of mentioning here. I would take mental notes, but by the time I finally get down to writing, there's not much more than thin air up there!

Then there is also a strange kind of pressure: When I check my blog stats I find that some folks are dropping in several times a day. Imagining their disappointment when they don't find anything new, I feel coaxed into writing more. That's when I draw a total bank!

It also came as a huge surprise to me seeing how many of you have been reading this practically from day one - not to mention the fact that you actually keep coming back for more! Perhaps a little naively I thought I'd keep some sort of private diary here, which might or might not attract the attention of a handful of surfers out there. Coming to think of it... are there any publishers among you, by any chance? I'd love to sell the novel I wrote a couple of winters ago and haven't managed to find a publisher for! Only serious requests by e-mail please ;-)

I'm glad to report that the gloomy weather that tormented me since last Monday has decided to call it a day! There isn't the slightest breeze out there, and the sky as blue as can be - and should be, this being Gozo after all. Lovely! Amazing how the weather always lends itself as a willing subject when other ideas run dry...


Smoke-Quitting Update: Oh that... Yesterday I was a good girl, with the count going only up to 8. Today 2 so far. Maybe it's time to go for total elimination - I'm targetting the weekend for that. I do hope George won't file for divorce by Monday!!

2 Comments:

At 10:50, Blogger Hsejjes said...

I would love to take up permanent residence in Gozo. But until I win the Super5, my visits to Gozo will be limited to 15 days in July/August. But yes, Gozo is lovely. My first memories of Gozo are of a farmhouse in Munxar. A real farmhouse, not one of these converted ones, with the moo of cows waking us up in the morning. Bliss

 
At 16:29, Blogger Sabine said...

During the month of August, Gozo is a little less than bliss, sorry to say. But otherwise... it's a good place to be in. Even if I won the Super5 I wouldn't move away ;) Of course there would be a few changes to sweeten life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home